Monday, April 6, 2009

Proust.


I came across some old issues of Vanity Fair and I was so enraptured with Valentino's answer to #5 on the Proust Questionnaire :

What do you consider your greatest extravagance?
Having 6 pugs and traveling with them.

Incredible. True luxury. 
Milton, Monty, Maude, Margot, Maggie, and Molly.
So for the hell of it, here are my answers.


1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Feeling present in the moment, that sense of truly living and being alive.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Losing my handbag…NO! Losing my loved ones.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Procrastination? I also have a tendency to never put my clothes away.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Cattiness. Close mindedness. Poor dress sense.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Barack Obama.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Travel and furs.
7. What is your current state of mind?
Calm and relaxed.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Modesty and discretion.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
When I use my fake ID.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My feet.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
Whoever fired Paolo Melim Andersson.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?

Humor.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Confidence.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

Rude? Proud? Maybe “I diiiiie” or “I cannnn’t talk to you about that.”
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Leather and silver.
16. When and where were you happiest?
Summertime in Los Angeles.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?

To be a fantastic dancer.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I’d like to speak French.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Independence- still very much working towards this goal.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
A Chanel 2.55 handbag, because it goes anywhere, suits everyone and will always be in style.

21. Where would you most like to live?
I would like to LIVE at the Ritz and have vacation homes in New York, Belvedere, Los Angeles, Miami, Paris, London, and Munich.
22. What is your most treasured possession?
My sanity.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Working a job that isn’t your passion.
24. What is your favorite occupation?
Tastemaker.
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
My height and my sharp tongue!
26. What do you most value in your friends?
Honesty, sense of humor, dress sense.
27. Who are your favorite writers?
David Sedaris, Jane Austen, Tim O’Brien
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
The old woman who lived in a shoe.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Pancho Villa
30. Who are your heroes in real life?

Karl, the Proenza boys, Alexander Wang, Hedi Slimane, Erin Wasson, Olivier Theyskens, Christophe Decarnin, and Nicholas Ghesquiere.
31. What are your favorite names?
Antonia, Vladimir, Alexandra, Caroline, and Frederica.
32. What is it that you most dislike?
Mid calf leggings and heels. The combination makes me violently ill.
33. What is your greatest regret?

None yet.
34. How would you like to die?
In my sleep.
35. What is your motto?
“Never fear being vulgar, just boring” -DV


xx til next,
A

No comments: