Monday, March 30, 2009

The Garden of Earthly Delights



Now here is something I truly adore.

I have always been oddly fascinated with the lesser known Northern Renaissance primarily the artist Hieronymus Bosch. Bosch is reknowned for his insanely intricate and detailed religious and moral imagery in his paintings, the most well known of these being The Garden of Earthly Delights. This painting is so incredibly detailed and there is a bit of biblical symbolism in every square inch of the canvas. 

So imagine my own earthly delight when I stumbled upon these new shots for Agent Provacateur. And while I cannot ascertain that Bosch influenced these images I can say with some certainty that they are indeed both very similar and enchanting. 

Such a terrific campaign, it's such a shame that AP is slightly too provacative for billboarding.

xx til next, 
A

No comments: